Thursday, September 29, 2011

The love of God

I was challenged by a woman who came to our dorm Tuesday night and led our devotions.  She was talking about finding Jesus as our best friend.  The thing that I loved the most about her challenge was reminding us that we can think of Jesus as walking right beside us.  She talked about how sometimes when she's driving or doing something by herself and she sees something funny, she'll say, 'That's funny that you put that in my path.'  She always keeps Jesus in her communication because He really is her best friend and she wants to spend time with Him throughout the day, not just during a set aside time for devotions.
I want to claim Jesus as my best friend every day of my life.  I want to think of Him as walking by my side every moment, so I can tell Him about the funny things, or look to Him during the frightening moments.
I also have been learning about the loving-kindness of God, constantly.  The ammount of truths I'm learning about His loving-kindness is so cool to me because it was something I prayed for, asking God to teach me more about.
This is a great quote from the book "Lies Women Believe" that I hope will encourage anyone who reads this.  "Put together all the tenderest love you know of, the deepest you have ever felt, and the strongest that has ever been poured out upon you, and heap upon it all the love of all the loving human hearts in the world, and then multiply it by infinity and you will begin, perhaps to have some faint glimpse of what the love of God is."
May you find God's love in your life today.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for that!!! It is so true and is a help to me to be reminded of that! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete